Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Moving Forward: Curriculum, Education, and Technology Reform

It has been a while since I posted here. Things have gotten very busy, and the junior research paper is in full swing. However, I did want to mention a program that I will hopefully be entering this summer.

The program is an online Master's degree in Educational Psychology with a focus on Curriculum, Technology, and Educational Reform at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.

While I have just begun my career as a teacher librarian, I feel that this program fits my current educational needs perfectly.

The main focus of the program is towards teachers and educators interested in learning more about the integration of technology into the classroom. Some of courses include:

Computer Use in Education

Evaluating Learning Technologies

Information Technology Ethics


I recently led a workshop for teachers on the uses of Google Page creator as part of a faculty institute day devoted to instructional technologies and innovation in the classroom. I enjoyed participating in this workshop, but afterwards, I was left with the feeling that, while I was interested in hearing about all of the educational technologies available, I did not really know which ones would work best for me in a library setting. Assessment of student work produced with the assistance of, or with, technologies is another critical issue that I would like to learn more about.



I am excited to start learning!

No comments: